The Neighbourhoods of Oak Park’s first phase included an inviting midrise condominium called The Renaissance. Now the second phase of Oak Park’s master plan includes another elegant midrise, The Cosmopolitan. Like its predecessor, its design effortlessly bridges the traditional and the modern exteriors that create true curb appeal within a pedestrian-friendly streetscape.
FEATURES & FINISHES
The Building and Common Areas
- Masonry and stucco exterior with architecturally selected complimentary exterior cladding as per elevation.
- Solid core entry doors to unit. Satin nickel appearance front door hardware and dead bolt.
- Low E Argon filled aluminum. Screens provided on all operational windows.
- Balcony railings with glass inserts.
- Low E Argon aluminum windows sliding patio door or French exterior door (where applicable).
Landscape and Community Features
- One parking spot in the single level, secured underground parking garage..
- One storage locker.
- Visitor parking.
- Professionally landscaped grounds.
- Party room and excercise room.
- Pet spa.
- Purchaser’s selection of custom quality kitchen cabinets including tall upper cabinets from Vendors standard cabinet samples, with post-formed arborite laminate countertops.
- Quality stainless steel double compartment ledgeback spillway sink with single lever chrome faucet with pullout spray. (Camerist by Moen or equivalent).
- Four stainless steel appliances including easy clean stove, frost free fridge, built-in dishwasher and over the range built-in microwave with integrated exhaust fan.
- Shut-off valves for kitchen sink.
- Heavy duty stove receptacle.
- White bathroom fixtures.
- Single lever chrome with energy efficient low flow vanity faucet.
- Purchaser’s choice of bathroom cabinets, with extended laminate countertop and china basin, from Vendor’s standard bathroom cabinet samples.
- Purchaser’s choice of quality imported ceramic tile for bathtub enclosure walls, from Vendor’s standard samples where applicable.
- Purchaser’s choice of quality imported ceramic tile for tiled shower stall, including ceiling, from Vendor’s standard samples with glass sliding door and waterproof potlight as per plan.
- White ceramic bathroom accessories to include towel bar and toilet tissue dispenser.
- Plate mirror in all bathrooms
- Energy efficient water saver shower heads and toilet tanks. Low flow aerators on all faucets.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
- Pressure balance valves on all showers.
- Exhaust fan vented to the exterior.
- Shut off valves for bathroom sinks.
- White, stacking washer and dryer.
- In wall mounted hook-up box for washing machine.
- Heavy duty electrical outlet for dryer.
- Nine foot (9’) ceilings (except in areas where architectural design, mechanical or duct work require heights to be lowered).
- Quality molded panel interior passage doors throughout finished areas.
- Colonial baseboard in finished areas, with colonial door stop in all tiled and laminate areas.
- Colonial casings on all interior swing doors and straight archways.
- Satin nickel appearance hardware and hinges (hinges not painted).
- All closets to have white melamine shelves.
- Circuit-breaker type panel with 100 Amp service.
- In suite Electrical copper wiring in accordance with Ontario Hydro standards.
- Quality light fixtures in all bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, hallways and dens. Living rooms to have switched plug. Dining room to have capped electrical box in ceiling (if applicable).
- Electronic smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detector as per Ontario Building Code.
- Cable TV outlets in living/dining room and Master Bedroom.
- Telephone outlets in Living/Dining Room.
- White ‘Decora’ style switches and receptacles throughout finished areas.
Energy Efficient Heating and Insulation
- High efficiency, self contained, in suite heating/cooling system.
- Programable in suite thermostat.
- Interior walls to be painted with superior quality ‘washable’, low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) latex paint in Purchaser’s choice of one colour throughout finished areas from Vendor’s samples.
- Interior doors and trim to be painted white.
- Smooth ceilings throughout.
- Purchaser’s choice of quality imported ceramic floor tile from Vendor’s standard samples in laundry room and bathrooms. Metal strip thresholds where ceramic flooring abuts other flooring.
- 40 oz. P.E.T. ( Polyethylene terephthalate) broadloom with 7/16 underlay in all bedrooms.
- Laminate flooring in Entry, Hallways, Kitchen, Living/Dining room and Den (where applicable).
- Communication system, located in the lobby vestibule, permitting guests to communicate with the suite and permitting the suite to view lobby vestibule from residents TV.
- Surveillance cameras in strategic locations in the building and parking garage.
Additional Home Features
- Ballantry Homes warranty backed by Tarion Warranty Corporation and includes: the home is free from defects in workmanship and materials for one (1) year and the home is free of defects in workmanship and materials on electrical, plumbing, heating delivery and distribution systems, exterior cladding, caulking, windows, doors and the building envelope and basement remains free from water penetration for two (2) years.
- The home is warranted against major structural defects for seven (7) years.
- The home is subject to conditions of the Purchase and Sale Agreement.
- Purchaser’s choice of interior colours and materials from Vendor’s samples if not yet ordered or installed, provided that colours and materials are available from suppliers, and Purchaser agrees to select the colour and material within 10 days after being requested to do so, otherwise the Vendor reserves the right to choose the colours and materials to complete the dwelling and the Purchaser agrees to close the transaction with the Vendor’s choice of colours and materials.
- All plans, elevations and specifications are subject to modification from time to time by the Vendor according to the Ontario Building Code and the National Building Code and Municipal or Architectural requirements.
- Guarantee on Workmanship and Materials in accordance with Tarion Warranty Corporation. Purchaser acknowledges that the Tarion Warranty Corporation enrolment fee is based on the sale price herein. Enrolment fee is to be paid by the Purchaser as an adjustment on closing.
- Variations from Vendor’s samples may occur in finishing materials, kitchen and vanity cabinets, floor and wall finishes due to normal production process.
- The Purchaser shall indemnify and save the vendor, its servants and agents harmless from all action, causes of action, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, or injury to person or property of the Purchaser, or any of his friends, relatives, workmen or agents who have entered on the real property or any part of the subdivision of which the real property forms a part whether with or without the authorization, expressed or implied, of the Vendor.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that broadloom, furniture, electrical fixtures, drapes, ceramic flooring, upgrade kitchen cabinets, stained floor, staircase and railing, architectural ornamental plaster, acoustic tile ceiling and luminous lenses, etc. may be for display purposes only and may not be of the same grade or type or not necessarily be included in the dwelling unit purchased herein.
- Purchasers are advised that transitional areas between different types of flooring may result in different heights and that reducers will be used by the Vendor to reduce the difference in height.
- The Builder has the right to substitute materials of equal or better quality
Like the quality houses that they build, Ballantry Homes is a company with a solid foundation anchored in the excellence of their staff, along with their commitment to consistently deliver award-winning homes and communities.
In 1989, two men made the commitment to pursue a dream they both shared -- to create and bring to fruition a new home building company. David Hill and Bobby Bhoola were a perfect pairing for this enterprise, with extensive expertise in home building and land and commercial development.
The partners shared a goal which has become the cornerstone of Ballantry Homes: It is to build with the finest quality in design, materials, construction and especially to offer exceptional customer service.
Their first project was realized near the mouth of the Rouge River, in 1989, with 10 lots which were quickly built and sold; the ‘beginning’. Fast forward to today and more than a quarter century later, and Ballantry Homes and its founding partners, has become a notable full service builder and land developer. In doing so Ballantry has consistently and successfully adhered to the original goal of building excellence, now branded as the builder who “ Builds Dreams”.
Over the past 27 years, Ballantry has constructed more than 10,000 homes in more than 35 communities across the GTA.