Louie is a new condo development by Edgemont Homes currently in preconstruction at 101 Columbia Street West, Waterloo. Available units start from the low $400,000’s. Louie has a total of 158 units.
Louie Waterloo Residences Summary
Welcome to this newly proposed luxury condominium destined to diversify Waterloo.
Louie Waterloo Residences is a new mixed-use condominium development by Edgemont Homes in Waterloo. This pre-construction project is located at 101 Columbia Street West, at the corner of Albert and Columbia in the heart of this desirable city. This new condo project is an eight-storey boutique-style luxury condo containing 158 new units.
It will be centrally located in this fast-growing university town – presenting excellent opportunities for student renters and investors alike.
Louie Waterloo Residences will feature up to 158 spacious condo units and 425 square metres of commercial space. The unit breakdown includes a mixture of one-bedroom and two-bedroom configurations, some with and without dens.
The interiors will feature contemporary designs and finishes with commodious rooms and cutting-edge technology. Additionally, each dwelling will feature smart security features and energy-saving amenities to keep up with the innovative standard of living in the region.
The amenities found throughout the condominium will include a variety of common areas, co-working spaces and top-of-the-line features. Residents will have full access to a well-resourced party room, a concierge attended lobby, a fully-equipped fitness centre, a rooftop terrace for hosting BBQs, a lounge and think space. These amenities integrate refined living with work-from-home amenities giving residents the opportunity to sit back and relax or sit down and focus.
The condo will offer several terraces and balconies providing its inhabitants with maximum privacy and views of the gorgeous surrounding area. Residents will also have access to 64 vehicular parking spaces and 68 bicycle parking spaces.
The condo’s exterior will feature ruby red brick – perfectly complimenting the charcoal veneer, chestnut and arctic frost accents. The floor level will feature glass dark windows with a modern porte cochere running through the width of the building, elevating the visual appeal.
Once completed, this new building will add vibrancy, density and height to this increasingly coveted region.
Location & Neighbourhood
Louie Waterloo Residences will be located in one of Canada’s smartest and fastest-growing cities. Waterloo has been named one of the top 10 regions to live in and continues to become more livable and desirable year over year. It has a robust economy and is conveniently connected to the GTA making real estate here a hot commodity. This site is an excellent place for students, families, and investors looking for the perfect window of opportunity.
The region glows with a vibrant culture, rich history, award-winning architecture and a plethora of stunningly lush outdoor spaces to explore. It is also home to premier universities such as the University of Waterloo and Wilfred Laurier accommodating over 50,000 yearly students. This means thousands of students who need comfortable and all-encompassing off-campus housing, are willing to pay a premium for a home in the area. It is also worth mentioning that rental rates for one-bedroom units in the area have increased by ten percent each year between 2015 and 2017.
Active residents will enjoy the neighbouring wildlife found here including the David Johnston Research & Technology Park, Veteran's Garden, RIM Park, and Waterloo Park – which are great locations for getting out and enjoying nature. In total, the region contains up to 3,000 acres of parks, 6 conservation areas, and over 20 golf courses meaning you don't have to travel far to partake in fun-filled outdoor activities.
This development site will also sit conveniently close to urban amenities inclusive of a wide range of retailers, restaurants, bars, cafes and grocery stores. These places can be found within walking distance and biking around the area is also highly recommended. In fact, Waterloo has proposed a pilot project which will add a new network of bike lanes to better connect the city for cyclists.
Commuting around the area is easy with the Conestoga Parkway found in minutes, seamlessly connecting travellers to major highways and the GTA. Residents will also have the convenience of living on two streets that are well-serviced by local transit (Albert and Columbia Street). This means everyday errands and daily commutes in and out of the city can be easily accomplished.
With huge companies like BlackBerry, Sun Life Financial, and Manulife Financial, Shopify, Intel, and Google found in Waterloo it’s easy to see why this region is attracting so many investors. These tech industry leaders have taken advantage of the brilliant minds here to establish research and development branches within the city.
This residence will have incredible potential value due to its proximity to top-tier schools, employers, and a growing real estate market. Make this your next investment and follow the opportunities that lie ahead.
Reasons to invest at Louie Condos
- Perfectly located just a 3 minute drive from the University of Waterloo which has ranked number one for the most innovative university in Canada for the past 27 years! The university’s new 230,000 sq ft engineering building will add approximately 1,500 undergraduates and 500 graduates to the university’s current population of 40,000 students
- Just a 2 minute drive or 11 minute walk from Wilfrid Laurier University which is home to over 20,000 full and part time students! Wilfrid Laurier University was ranked number 6 in top Canadian universities by Macleans Magazine in 2018. The school’s new 200,000 sq ft Lazaridis School of Business & Economics will attract thousands of students, researchers and collaborators. Ranked second for growth in research funding the school is reputed for brilliance in research
- Less than a 15 minute walk (or 2 minute drive) from a stop along the ION Light Rail Transit Line that seamlessly connects Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge — commuting throughout the Tri-Cities has never been so convenient!
- Less than a 10 minute drive from Conestoga Mall! Future residents at Louie – Condo Residences can conveniently enjoy a premier shopping experience with a great selection of retailers, restaurants, Galaxy Movie Cinemas and one-of-a-kind specialty stores
- Population of 568,500 and one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, expected to reach 742,000 people by 2031. The KW region has the 4th largest population in Ontario
- Kitchener-Waterloo has earned the reputation of being Canada’s fastest growing tech talent market, increasing its talent pool by nearly 66% in the last five years adding 8,400 tech jobs attracting young talent while offering a lower cost of living than Toronto! The growth rate of tech jobs makes it the second fastest in NORTH AMERICA outpacing even Silicon Valley. Google, Microsoft, Shopify, Blackberry, Desire2Learn, Communitech all call Kitchener home
- Tech companies attracted more than $291 Million Dollars in Venture Capital in 2017
Sign Up To Receive Details, Information And Updates About This Project Today!