Abbey Lane is a new townhouse development by Poetry Living. and the project will feature a total of 179 units. will be located on Lord Melbourne Street in Markham.
Abbey Lane in Markham is a prestigious community of modern townhomes, most with double car garages. With 9′, 10′ and 12′ ceiling height and plans up to 3,200 sq.ft., these homes are designed with your family in mind. Located at Elgin Mills and Woodbine in Markham, Abbey Lane is minutes from the heart of Markham and just steps from Hwy 404 and 407.
Register now to be the first to hear about our luxurious towns, some with double-car garage designs!
Coming soon to Markham.
The Richmond Green Sports Centre and Park is the area’s premier complex for exercise and sporting activities. The Centre features a skatepark, indoor and outdoor skating, two ice rinks, sports courts and fields, walking trails, and a seasonal sports dome. In addition to the countless activities, the Centre also features an amphitheatre, art exhibition space, and picnic areas. You will definitely enjoy living just five minutes from Richmond Green. As for errand running and other daily necessities, Abbey Lane Towns is minutes from grocery stores, banks, restaurants, and other shopping needs. You can choose between FreshCo, Food Basics, Loblaws, and Longos for groceries, and for Asian ingredients, you’ll appreciate having the T&TSupermarket a short drive away.
Abbey Lane Towns will undoubtedly have beautiful and functional kitchens, but you can’t prepare food every day and night. Sometimes you have to treat yourself and your family to a night out for dinner or a weekend brunch. A few of the closest restaurants to the community include Cora Breakfast, Restoran Malaysian, Tomo Japanese, and Highway 7 is lined with many other options with a variety of cuisines.
Another reason Abbey Lane Towns has captured the attention of many families is because of the prime location at Elgin Mills Road East and Woodbine Avenue, just east of the 404 near the hamlet of Victoria Square. Within a short drive of Abbey Lane Towns, there is a Costco, Kelsey’s, numerous parks and a community centre, the expansive Richmond Green Sports Centre, and many schools.
The Richmond Green Sports Centre and Park is the area’s premier complex for exercise and sporting activities. The Centre features a skatepark, indoor and outdoor skating, two ice rinks, sports courts and fields, walking trails, and a seasonal sports dome. In addition to the countless activities, the Centre also features an amphitheatre, art exhibition space, and picnic areas. You will definitely enjoy living just five minutes from Richmond Green.
Exterior Details of Quality Construction
1. Architecturally selected clay brick and complimenting modern smooth face stone as per model type. Detailing may vary from Artist’s concept and are subject to grade conditions.
2. Exterior colour package is pre-determined and cannot be altered.
3. Engineered flooring system on the first and second floor (excluding landings), to reduce squeaking and warping causing humps.
4. Poured concrete basement floors and foundation walls with damp proofing, weeping tiles and drainage membrane to walls.
5. Fully drywalled garage walls (skim coat and primed) excluding concrete or block walls.
6. Steel insulated garage to house access door installed with dead bolt and safety closer, if grading permits.
7. For economical heating, the home will be insulated in accordance with the current Ontario Building Code specifications including expanding foam insulation to all garage ceilings and around all windows and doors.
8. Homes feature a variety of ceiling heights including:
- a) Blocks 1-4: Include 8’ ceilings in basement, 9’ ceilings on ground floor, 10’ ceilings on second floor and 9’ ceilings on third floor (excluding bulkheads and low areas due to structural or mechanical details). Many designs have double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings as per plan.
- b) Blocks 6-9: Include 8’ ceiling in basement, 9’ ceilings on ground floor, 11’-7” ceilings on second floor 9’ ceilings on third floor (excluding bulkheads and low areas due to structural or mechanical details). Many designs have double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings as per plan.
- c) Blocks 5 and 10 to 28: Include 8’ ceilings in basement, 9’ ceilings on ground floor, 9’ ceilings on second floor and 9’ ceilings on third floor (excluding bulkheads and low areas due to structural or mechanical details). Many designs have double height features, vaulted and cathedral ceilings as per plan.
9. Convenient cold cellars with vent chamber and switched interior light, and floor drain as per plan.
10. Covered porches & porticos enhancing select elevations.
11. Maintenance free pre-finished aluminum soffits, fascia, eaves trough, downpipes and siding – all architecturally designed and approved.
12. Colour coordinated self-sealing asphalt shingles. Accenting metal roof details as per plan.
13. Aluminum exterior railings for both porch (where required by building code) and decorative applications. 14. Energy efficient vinyl casement windows throughout, complete with screens. All door systems include weather stripping.
15. Vinyl horizontal basement windows (30”x16”). 16. Tasteful municipal address plaques provided.
17. Fully sodded lot, with precast concrete slab walkway from driveway to front porch.
18. The basecoat paving is included at no extra cost, however the top coat paving (installed one year after the base) shall be charged on closing in the amount of $1000.00 for a single driveway and $2,000.00 for a double driveway.
Energy Efficient Features
1. All Homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the home.
2. Programmable Electronic Thermostat – in order to better regulate temperature distribution over non-peak time. Thermostat also controls hot water tank.
3. Low flow toilet system featured throughout all baths – enhances water conservation.
4. Sealed basement ducts – this practice significantly reduces heat loss at duct joints.
5. Moen Eco-Performance Showerheads.
6. Hardwoods selected from sustainable forests.
7. Steel insulated roll-up garage door, complete with decorative glass panels – aiding in the reduction of lumber usage and assisting to provide an insulated element within the garage area.
8. Expanding foam insulation applied around all windows and doors – for draft prevention
Kitchen, Baths & Laundry
1. All Kitchens feature extended upper cabinets (39” tall rather than standard 30”). Islands, pantry and extended breakfast bars as per plan with your choice of doors from Builder’s standard samples.
2. Granite kitchen counter top from Builder’s standard samples.
3. Provisional rough-in for future dishwasher (electrical run from panel to underside of dish-washer space in basement).
4. Durable stainless steel BLANCO under mount sink with MOEN single lever pull out faucet.
5. Premium MOEN faucets featured through-out.
6. A wide assortment of (13” x 13” or 12” x 12”) contemporary ceramic tile flooring in foyer, kitchen, dinette, powder room(s), laundry room and all basement, ground and third floor bathrooms as per plan.
7. 8” x 10” ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub and shower enclosures in basement, ground and third floor up to but not including ceiling.
8. Chrome framed glass shower in master Ensuite. Ensuite shower to receive tiles on wall only, excluding ceiling. Enclosed showers to receive fully tiled including ceilings.
9. Mirrors over vanities in all bathrooms. All bathroom vanities to have top drawers or a single bank of drawers on double sink vanities where sizing permits. Master Ensuite vanities shall receive a bank of drawers where size permits.
10. Exhaust fans in all bathrooms.
11. All bathroom tub and shower enclosures to receive mould resistant drywall board.
12. Marble threshold and jambs in all shower stalls.
13. Due to the variety in client tastes, bath accessories (towel bars, and toilet paper holders), are not provided.
14. Laundry room to include base cabinets from the standard series of cabinetry complete with laminate countertop and stainless steel sink.
Distinctive Interior Features
1. Where applicable, electric fireplace in family/great room complete with mantel surround (two/three way fireplaces shall receive wood white lacquered mantle).
2. Where applicable, interior column profile shall be square. All art niches to have MDF ledge as finished detail.
3. Poetry Living shall provide 4 1/4” Colonial baseboard with 2 3/4” casing throughout finished basement, ground, second and third floor.
4. All interior, passage sets and closet doors will be 6’-8” standard height – 2 panel square smooth finished profile on basement, ground, second and third floors. Excluding cold cellar and steel exterior doors (front or garage door).
5. Brushed nickel lever type door hardware throughout all interior doors.
6. All staircases to be oak complete with natural finish oak strip hardwood on landing to match hardwood on second floor.
7. House to receive oak hand rail and newel post, with the option of straight wrought iron pickets or 1 5/16” wood pickets. All upper hallways to receive natural finish oak nosing’s complete with oak stringers (side of staircase). A natural finish to be applied to the oak staircase, matching natural hardwood colour.
8. All interior trim and doors are painted classic white with interior walls to be painted white.
9. Professional home cleaning prior to occupancy, including windows and furnace/duct system.
10. Smooth ceilings on second floor only. Finished basement, ground and third floor to be sprayed stipple ceilings.
1. 3” natural oak strip hardwood flooring on second floor and third floor hall excluding tiled areas.
2. Quality 40oz broadloom with ½” higher density chip foam underpad in all basement, ground and third floor living areas and bedrooms, except tiled areas.
3. A wide assortment of imported (13” x 13” or 12” x 12”) contemporary ceramic floor tiles in basement, ground, second and third floors in indicated tiled areas.
4. Imported 8” x 10” ceramic wall tiles installed in combination tub, and shower enclosures up to but not including ceiling. Glass shower stalls to receive tiles on wall only, excluding ceiling.
1. All Poetry Living Homes feature an HRV System (Heat Recovery Ventilator) – distributing fresh air throughout the home and minimizing poor air contaminants.
2. Forced air Hi-Efficiency gas furnace (location may vary from plan, and shall be moved to optimize performance at Vendors discretion).
3. Flexible water pipe solution using PEX (polyethylene) to reduce noise erosion and eliminate solder contaminants within plumbing system.
4. Exhaust fans installed in all finished bathrooms.
5. Two exterior hose bibs are provided, one at the rear (or side) and one in garage.
6. Laundry tub includes hot/cold water connections.
7. Classic white plumbing fixtures for all bathrooms complete with shut off valves.
8. All shower areas to receive the comfort of pressure balance control valves.
9. All sinks and toilettes to include separate shut-off valves. 10. Ductwork sized to accommodate future air conditioning.
1. 100-amp electrical service with breaker panel and copper wiring throughout.
2. 220-volt Heavy-duty receptacle for dryer.
3. Two exterior weather proof electrical outlets, one at front porch and one at rear of home.
4. Ground fault interrupter receptacles, as per building code.
5. The security of hard wired smoke detectors on all floors, including lower level, and one carbon monoxide detector as per code requirement.
6. White Decora switches and receptacles throughout.
7. Rough-in for future central vacuum system terminating in the basement, complete with dedicated plug.
8. Convenient garage door opener receptacle(s).
9. Central air conditioning line set rough in provided.
1. State of the art integrated smart home structured wiring terminating in the “Family Room”. This fully integrated home wiring system will provide the Hi-tech infrastructure for today’s technological features and expand to give you the ones you may want in the future such as home-office applications, computer local area networks, high speed Internet, fax, modem, home entertainment, digital audio/ video distribution systems and so much more. Including 1 CAT 5, 1 CAT 3 & 2 RG6 lines.
2. POETRY LIVING shall provide a personally scheduled appointment with our qualified Technical Contractor to explain and co-ordinate any additional requirements you may desire. Master bedroom and Family room are pre-wired for cable TV and telephone.
POETRY LIVING is dedicated to achieving minimized home deficiencies. We shall achieve this through the efforts our diligent personnel and thorough Quality Assurance Practices. Given that a home is built with over 45 tradespersons, errors are often common and to be expected, however our desire is to showcase a home that both you and your family can all be proud of.
Two Year Warranty Protection
• The home is free from defects in workmanship and materials including caulking windows and doors so that the building prevents water penetration.
• Defects in workmanship and materials within the distribution of electrical, plumbing and heating systems. • Defects in workmanship and materials, which resulting in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding.
• Violations of the Ontario Building Code’s Health and Safety provisions.
• Warranties are limited to the requirements established by the Tarion Corporation Plan Act.
Seven Year Warranty Protection(Major Structural)
A major structural defect is defined in the Tarion Corporation Plan Act as;
• A defect in workmanship and materials that result in the failure of a load-bearing part of the home’s structure, or any defect in workmanship or material that adversely affects your use of the building as a home.
The Vendor shall have the right to make reasonable changes in the opinion of the Vendor in the plans and specifications if required and to substitute other material for that provided for herein with material that is of equal or better quality than that provided herein. The determination of whether or not a substitute material is of equal or better quality shall be made by the Vendor’s architect whose determination shall be final and binding. Colour, texture, appearance, etc of features and finishes installed in the Unit may vary from Vendor’s samples as a result of normal manufacturing and installation processes. E&O.E.
Register below to get Latest Package and new details
Abby Lane Towns Price List
Last Update July 10, 2020
Abby Lane Towns Floor Plans